ORTHO:
The Ortho world was been effected for sure. As of this morning I have only had two clients call AND back out. Most, I talk out of bailing. Here is what I say on the phone. Your are stressed = bodywork , your lymphatic system is you bodies immune system = bodywork , my building is damn near empty and I will meet you on the street, open the door, push the elevator button, and sanitize my hands in front of ya. The clients sheepishly agree to keep their appointments and thank me afterwards for holding them "accountable" because they feel relieved. Three clients in particular told me that it was the first time that they "relaxed" in weeks. There really is something to a para-sympathictic state of being. Thats Right, Being
CROSS ROADS GYM:
Just as I was happily falling back into a rhythm with swimming, Cross Roads closed their doors. Talk about bummed. Its really a bummer on so many levels. So lets be optimistic, lets have fun with it, and lets do this. Morning calisthenics, road rides of the River Trail, and washing them hands.
GOOD NEWS:
So stoked about the lack of pollution. HERE is a link of photos and videos coming out of Venice. Dolphins have returned to the harbors, locals admitting that they have never seen the bottom of the channels before, and how the airborne nitrogen dioxide has plummeted over China recently.
And a Pro Cyclist that I follow posted a video from a hanging valley back in November during Turkey Week rides and then again from Monday. The air quality was remarkable. You could see another mountain range in the distance. The Clarity
And nobody was at the Hot Springs!! Its a hippie dippy carry out what you carry in. I was the only human there, week day of course, the audible sounds of birds blew my mind. Its as if they knew the humans were locked away in fear and they were singing with celebration. Another Righteous Byproduct From This Pandemic
RADIO SHOW:
I find myself tooting my own horn here more and more. If you met me in person, hope that happens, you will hear me deflect praise. Like with MAD Racing. There are times when I "give" advice for a project and when someone gives me the acknowledgment in front of others, I politely find a way to point outs someone else achievements. Using The Force
Having said that, THIS SHOW WAS STELLAR!! The show opens with The String Cheese covering Walking On The Moon, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi banter, and then Purple Disco Machine covering Devil In Me. I began the show at about 5:20ish AM but this link starts from the 6am hour. My format or playlist if you will consisted of 1970's tracks, silky smooth reggae beats, and a number of female vocalist banging out cover tunes. As transition between songs, played more soundbites from Yoda Movie Quotes. They're Killer
The 16 Watt Awakening ( LINK HERE March 18th ) has a sweet time slot with plenty of morning faithful listeners. KAFM began with only 16 watts and a few years ago was granted with a grant that pumped us up to a mighty 300 watts. The 16 Watt Awakening is one of the original shows from 1999 and has had two solid volunteers holding down that time slot. One programer is an original and the other has been around for 4, 5, maybe 6 years now. Its A Well Received Time Slot
![]() |
| Snow On The Valley Floor |
I purposely never made reference to the virus or the fact that I should have been waking up in Vegas rather then spinning tunes. Projected positivity over the airwaves for 3 full hours. Hope Ya Stream And Please Turn It Up!!!
![]() |
| This Late Snow Storm Hit The Valley Thursday Before Mr Sun Came Up |
![]() |
| Hippy Jim far right's B-Day - Me, third from the left |
DISC GOLF:
The Dude & I threw a round of 18 as this storm front was approaching. It was windy as all get out but it didn't matter to us. We only keep track of the birdies anyway. Speaking of which, I birdied the 2nd hole for the first time ever. Totally wind aided, my driver flew on and on and on. We laughed and chalked it up to the Disc Gods on our side. May never birdie that hole again. Here is a photo of The Dudes putt on 17. Funny thing about this photo is it was suppose to be a video for Tim in San Diego. Classic
![]() |
| Wednesday Before The Storm |
I was suppose to be on the road towards Marble Colorado after my radio show this morning. But the first e-mail this morning, Gunnison Country said NO, the AirBNB organization set out some kind of notice to the tune of owners are not allowed to rent their places. Now, I'm just not one to be hunkered down on the couch. Marble was totally ideal and I planned on riding my bike, cooking fresh veggie meals, tromping around in the fresh Pow Pow, and reading my book. Marble has a current population of 57 full time residents and NO COMMERCIAL MERCHANTS. There is no virus, hardly any people, and I am happy to keep my paws to myself. So another day trip up the Grand Mesa it is. WTF
![]() |
| Met Steve - One Happy Dog Here |
I only hope that in 6 weeks or 6 months from now, when humans roll back out from isolation, with that full sense of freedom in our hearts, we are a little better, more empathetic towards Mother Earth, a little more productive, understanding of ourselves, more appreciative, more humble, a little more loving, then we were yesterday.
Stay Hydrated,
Cheers















0 Yorumlar