Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Christmas in the kitchen

No doubt about it--the kitchen is where I spend most of my time. My kitchen is adjacent to the living room, so I can see the Christmas tree from here, but I also add some Christmas decorations especially for this space. Welcome!


One of the great things about my faux Roman shade is that it can be easily removed. I took it down for Christmastime and replaced it with a simple garland. Come January, it will take just a few minutes to put the shade back up.


I also created a "NOEL" inspired by Pottery Barn's beautiful piece. Mine is simply letters from Hobby Lobby spray-painted black. This was a super-easy project, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.


I simply glued pieces of wood to the bottom to keep the letters together:


I have tall lamps on each side of my kitchen sink. Snowmen hang out underneath the lamps at Christmastime, like this Fitz and Floyd fellow:


Most of the decorations I use in the kitchen are snowmen. A dear friend (Grace's mom) started my snowman collection years ago with the gift of these wonderful plates:



One of the most-used spots in my kitchen is the island. It's a challenge to come up with a centerpiece that's pretty and fun but not fragile.


This fall I found an old scale at an antique store. For Christmas, it's weighing a sack of candy canes.


Beside the scale is another antique store find--a wrapping paper holder! Can't you just see this on the counter of a general store? The roll of Christmas paper was on the holder when I bought it--and the cutter works perfectly!


The main decor in the breakfast area is the table which proudly holds my son's LEGO creation--a Christmas village.


Beside the table is my mother's antique dough cabinet. For Christmas, it holds several snowmen (plus a stereo for playing Nat King Cole and Perry Como!)

Last is the stairwell, which leads down to the terrace level. Sorry about the glare from that light--that's my DIY wall clock you see in the background.

I decorate it simply with a lighted garland accented with some rusty snowmen and red and green houndstooth bows.

Christmas in our kitchen will soon involve the making of many pounds of fudge--I wish I could have you stop by and sample a piece. What's cooking in your kitchen?

**I'm joining the "Christmas in the Kitchen" Party

with Vanessa and Heather from At the Picket Fence.**



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar