Todays post is going to be short and sweet. I found a statement by Abraham Lincoln that I feel is so absolutely relevant today.
Our society has become something that I don't even recognize any more. So much of what we see is not about how to treat others, but all about the "ME" and "I".
I am so saddened by people daily!
I am forever disappointed by the frivolity of people today and the lack of responsibility and the total feelings of entitlement by so many.
Back in my day, we had to work hard for everything we had. There was no expectation of anything being handed to us. I was taught to be respectful of others. I was taught to be respectful of what I had. I started working at a young age and earned the special things I wanted. I worked and paid for my education myself. I helped out at home, because I was part of the family and I lived there.
I respected my parents and my elders.
Life wasn't always easy, but it sure was educational and an experience. I still practiced those things I learned as a youngster, as I am sure you do.
I believe this should be made into a poster and plastered EVERYWHERE!!!! It should be in school rooms, offices, homes, stores, and politician's offices!
We should be reminded of this everyday!!!!
We should practice this everyday!
How is it that a man who led, during a horrifically difficult time in history, could be this brilliant over 150 years ago?
Everything he says you 'cannot' do, is what is being taught and practiced today all around the world, as what we should do.
It's so disheartening.
One by one we need to spread the words of Lincoln and teach our young people that our actions, deeds, and beliefs have consequences, not just for us, but for others - for years to come.
Lets take our world back - to a sane place to live!

0 Yorumlar