Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MY OBSESSION: NEON HANDBAGS

 My current obsession.

I don't know how this started.

Well, actually I do. It started when Henry Holland was photographed in the Grazia offices holding a neon orange bag. I wanted it and I had to know where it was from. I stalked his twitter and Grazia until someone gave in and said, it's the Cambridge Satchel Company.

I immediately went to the site and immediately my heart broke. I was a broke student at the time who made £190 a week and lost £100 of that a week in rent. I couldn't possibly get one. I set about a jar for collecting any spare cash. However, with the lack of money I had, it was difficult to get food to last a week let alone a bag! One big bill would wipe out all my savings and then it was back to square one.

I did get a gift a good few years later. I got a neon green one! I carried it everywhere and I loved it so much. I took it home when I moved to Italy. I thought I'd better move over with a bigger bag (as anyone with one of these bags knows - the size is annoying) for carrying all my things. So when I moved back to Nottingham, the bag stayed in Ireland. I miss it.

I finally got my hands on a pink one. I got a bit determined and I bought one off someone on Ebay for a fraction of the cost that was being charged online. I know its second hand but it is perfect. I don't see one dent, scratch or nick in the leather. It came with the dust bag and the tags on it too. I think I paid £45 with postage included.

I'm so proud of it.

I am now determined to get a neon yellow and orange to complete my collection. I also want a black one for everyday purposes. There are occasionally times where I feel the neon is too bright.  So I've been stalking on Ebay for the right time....
I have no idea why I'm doing this. I think its because I just love neon and bags....I hope that's why.....

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar