Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Bucket List Confession










“I am so excited to meet you! You are so courageous and fun…I bet you
would just jump out of an airplane if you could.  Do you hope to skydive someday?”


I wish someone had snapped a quick Instagram of my face the
day in November a woman said this to me. 
I met her in a local retail store and she reads my blog.  She had a distinct impression that I am
someone of risk.  I do hope I portray
joy…fun…living out loud…but I honestly do not know why she thought I would sky
dive.  Anyone who really knows me, knows
that I am a CHICKEN!  I do not like speed
or heights or any activity associated with speed and heights.  I respect those whose bucket lists include
skydiving and speed racing…not me. 







There are many things I would like to do in my lifetime…but
by comparison to other lists, I am really boring.
  However, I thought I would confess one
today.
  My struggle with weight has
really been over a lifetime.
  When I decided
to take care of myself at age fifty, part of that journey was learning to
accept my body and dress it as it existed.
 
I learned the fundamentals of fashion so that I actually looked smaller
than the scales read and learned to look in the mirror as I was… and be
pleased.
 





Because eating disorders became such a problem a few years
ago, the media began to send messages of body image acceptance no matter our
size.   Full figured women became models
and plus-size bloggers gained audiences. 
I have lived in the plus size world for many, many years and I was
thrilled to see all of this happen.  I
still believe it is important for all of us to accept and love who we are
today…right now…this minute.





So, is it bad or
hypocritical that I would like to know what it is like to be smaller??


Does it make me someone to worry about?







I don't want to be a stick, but perhaps go from my size 16 to a
12 or a 10?? Yes, I will tell you that I am working out for my health.
  That is a huge part of it…but I am also
working out because I desire just for a time, to be able to wear smaller
clothes!


There I said it…it's out there.  I believe I have a balanced perspective of the issue.  However, it would give me such joy to finally
have the extra weight gone.  I am working
on it slowly and the journey is more consistent than it has been in a long
time.  Hopefully, I will get there.




 Now, seriously, does it make you think less of me?  For some reason, I have been hesitant to confess to anyone that I wanted to lose weight...for more than just health reasons.   I guess the implication is that I do not believe you can look great in your clothes as a plus size.  That is not truth...because I believe you can look fabulous at any size.  But, this is a personal wish, and a personal one only.  I really want to believe I conquered the beast!




 Does anyone else have this on your bucket list?  Please join in the conversation and have a
wonderful, warm Saturday!




This is part of a Saturday blog hop with Midlife Boulevard...just click HERE!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar